Vacancy: Executive Secretary
The Coalition of an Effective African Court on Human and Peoples’ Rights (the Coalition) was founded in 2003 for advocate for effective, efficient, independent and credible African Court on Human and Peoples’ Rights.
Key performance areas will include
- Overall leadership and operational management;
- Fundraising for implementation of Coalition programmes;
- Strategic planning, framework development and budget planning;
- Developing partnerships and organising events and opportunities that benefit the Coalition;
- Managing annual meetings and other initiatives in conjunction with partners.
- Degree in Law, International Relations or other relevant field; specialisation in Human Rights or Humanitarian Law would be an advantage;
- Interpersonal, teamwork, cross-cultural awareness and stress tolerance, innovation and excellent communication skills, oral and written;
- Competence in English with a working knowledge of French (Alternatively, competence in French with working knowledge of English);
- At least five years experience in management, advocacy and network building;
- Knowledge and familiarity with the African human rights system;
- Ability to interact with NGOs, and government officials and intergovernmental organisations with professionalism;
- Ability to use computer software packages such as Microsoft Office 2007.
The position is based in Arusha, Tanzania and requires international travel. Attractive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications offered to the successful candidate.
To apply for this position submit your CV accompanied by a one page motivation letter in MS Word format to Tito Byenkya, Chairperson of the Coalition, by email email@example.com not later than 31 March 2011.
Only applicants on the shortlist will be contacted.