IHRDA is a pan-African human rights organisation, based in Banjul, The Gambia, promoting the effective use of African human rights instruments to protect rights in Africa. Our work entails offering pro bono legal counsel for victims of human right abuses; conducting capacity building initiatives with actors in the promotion of human rights on the use of regional human rights instruments and mechanisms; and disseminating information on the African Human Rights System.
IHRDA is looking for a highly motivated individual who demonstrates professional competence and mastery of the subject matter, while taking pride in work and in achievements, both at personal and organizational levels.
- A legal degree and admission to legal practice with 7+ years of experience as legal practitioner;
- Experience managing lawyers and senior staff in a fast-paced, challenging environment;
- An in-depth understanding the African human rights system and of comparative or international human rights law;
- Significant experience with human rights litigation at the national, regional or international level;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work well as part of a multi-cultural and multi-lingual team;
- Previous experience with human rights training and/or public speaking;
- Experience with fundraising and report writing.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Location: Banjul, The Gambia, with regular travels, mainly in Africa
Salary: The position will offer a competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
Other benefits: Medical insurance; travel insurance; pension.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send (in English or French) a Curriculum Vitae; a motivation letter, an unedited writing sample of 5 to 20 pages and a list three references who are not related to the candidate, with their full contact details.
Closing date for applications is 7th September 2015
Kindly send your application and all relevant documents to recruitment@IHRDA.org
For additional information, please contact Mr. Henry Annoh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IHRDA is committed to equal opportunities. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.