Our vision: we envision an African continent where human rights and access to justice are guaranteed to all by national, African and international human rights mechanisms.
Our Mission:we strive to strengthen human rights protection and promotion in Africa by:
- Offering pro bono legal counsel for victims of human right abuses;
- Conducting capacity building initiatives;
- Disseminating information on the African Human Rights System.
Our endeavours demonstrate that human rights instruments and mechanisms in Africa can be effective.
Our values – DID IT
- DEDICATION – Board and Staff members are committed to seeking justice
- INTEGRITY- Board and Staff members are steadfast in keeping high ethical standards and these are reflected in the design of programmes and their implementations:
- DILIGENCE – All those working at the Institute are committed to accomplish their day to day activities assiduously and conscientiously;
- INNOVATION -IHRDA will continue to be creative and innovative in outlook in order not to produce “more of the same” in terms of projects and activities;
- TEAM WORK -At the Institute, we appreciate the impotance of teamwork in bringing justice and dignity to the lives of people on the African continent via the promotion and defence of human rights.